Updating paper driving licence to photocard for Chat with bisexual teens

All details will now be held online only in the database of all UK licence holders.

You can, of course, hold on to your paper licence, although the government is advising that you can destroy it.

But remember – the paper counterpart is more or less unique to the UK, so many foreign firms may not expect to see it in the first place.

updating paper driving licence to photocard for-1updating paper driving licence to photocard for-18

All sites and links correct at the time of publication.

We (the Post Office) take no responsibility for the content of any third party websites.

Make sure you check with your hire company what documents they will want to see.

Holidaymakers who need to share their driving history should use DVLA’s Share Driving Licence service to generate a unique code to share their licence details with the hire company To get the code, you’ll need your driving licence number, the postcode as shown on your driving licence, and your National Insurance number – as well as internet access, so watch out for roaming charges.

The code can only be used once and is valid for 21 days.

If the code expires prior to checks being made you’ll need to generate a new code.

To do this, you’ll need your driving licence number, your National Insurance number, and your driving licence postcode.

This is all to simplify DVLA’s services – which should mean fewer forms and documents to keep track of.

New rules came into force on June 8 as the Driver Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) abolished the paper counterparts to our driving licences.

And this change may affect how you rent a car so, to help you avoid any confusion when travelling this summer, here’s what you need to know. It will no longer issue or update the paper licence counterpart for everything from motoring offences to what types of vehicle you can drive.

One in 12 drivers admits they have not renewed their photo-card for at least a decade and are therefore driving without a valid licence.