- Male sex workers' support program stronger than ever (2012): When Matthew Taylor founded HUSTLE: Men on the Move in Vancouver in 2007, it was one of the few outreach organizations in Canada to work specifically with men in the sex industry, providing peer support, safer-sex materials, nutrition, harm reduction and needle exchanges to street-level sex workers and street-involved youth. There are still only a handful of male-specific support services that exist across the country.
Second, they had absolutely no control over their time. Fourth, waiting for johns in inclement weather often forced them to lower their asking price drastically, in order to get out of the rain or snow.Once they could advertise their services on,the Web, they had a much wider market for their services.- - Couples / Families / Children / Adoption / Spousal Violence - - The Elderly - - Race/Ethnic Minority Issues: U.S., Canada, Europe, New Zealand & Australia - - Latin America / Africa - - Middle East / Asia Contents of Part 1 (this page): Male Prostitution Information for - North America - Latin America & the Caribbean - Europe - North Africa & The Middle East - Australia / New Zealand / Pacific Islands - Asia - Africa.- Journey into the Heart of Transgender Prostitution in the Bronx (2010).
- Hommes louer : la prostitution masculine, un documentaire hors du commun (2011, Translation): "Une socit qui abandonne son enfance, c'est comme la fin du monde." Avec Hommes louer, un documentaire coproduit par Inform Action et l'Office national du film, Rodrigue Jean nous entrane sans esbroufe au coeur de l'univers de la prostitution masculine Montral.
Why, then, is there so much disdain against sex work if it is not coerced?
- The Lucky New Sex Workers (2011): Todays sex workers are much luckier than their forbears a generation ago.
- Survival sex work and increased HIV risk among sexual minority street-involved youth (2010): Sexual minority street youth are not only more likely to engage in survival sex work but also demonstrate elevated HIV risk behavior.
- HUSTLE: Men on the Move (2008): We are an outreach and support program which effectively offers a male/youth specific component to PEERS Vancouver.
He is no longer doing sex work, something he says he was determined to stop. So, when funding cuts forced SOS to close down in 2011, Lougheed was devastated.